Notice to all Coaches and those interested in becoming coaches.
The Athletics Canterbury Executive is committed to supporting coaches. Therefore, we are organising a forum to provide you with an opportunity to discuss a range of topics that impact on coaches and coaching in general. This meeting is open to all coaches, plus anyone with an interest in coaching or becoming a coach.
Coaches are the ‘life blood’ of our sport, so it is vitally important that we hear your views, so together we can come up with a plan to make a difference.
The meeting is to be held on Sunday 8 July 2018 at the Apollo Centre, High Performance Sport, Jellie Park commencing at 2 p.m.
The topics to be discussed at the meeting include the following:-
- How can the Centre better support you as a coach?
- How do we retain those currently coaching?
- How can we attract new coaches, such as former athletes?
- Should we introduce a mentoring scheme to assist less experienced coaches - Sports Canterbury have provided us with funding to support this initiative?
- What ongoing coaching courses should we offer?
- Is creating a local Coaches Association something you would support? If so why? If not, why not?
- Nga Puna Wai Sports Hub facilities - Athletics Canterbury sees this as a 'once in a life time' opportunity to further develop our sport. How do you think we can make best use of this facility? We you base some of your training at Nga Puna Wai.
Our expectation from this meeting is that with your input, together we will make a positive impact on coaching in our Centre.
Therefore, I encourage you to attend and contribute at this forum. All suggestions will be considered by the Executive and added to our Strategic Plan if appropriate, to ensure that there is follow up and that your needs are addressed.
If there is something else you would like to add to the agenda, please let me know. If you are coming, please RSVP by Thursday 5th July 2018.
Athletics Canterbury Executive