The Annual Nga Puna Wai Training Fee allows you to train at the track & field facility all year round, provided the venue has not be booked by another party, such as a school. Booking information will be posted on the Athletics Canterbury website and Christchurch City Council website.
We also have options for Summer and Winter training only.
- Summer Membership is 1st October to 31st March
- Winter Membership is 1st April to 30th September
Your membership will give priority use of the Nga Puna Wai Track & Field facility during the following days / hours:
- Monday - 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Tuesday - 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Wednesday - 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Sunday - 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Please note if an event is booked at any of the above times you will not be able to use the venue.
NEW SINGLE USE FEE: If you are a casual user and the above training fee options do not suit you, you can now purchase a single use fee for only $5.00. Valid for ONE day only.
To purchase a NPW training membership card or pay a single use fee ... CLICK HERE
RULES OF USAGE
- Do not use lanes 1-3 to train on, lane barriers will be in place
- No food and drink is allowed inside the track only water
- Only approved Athletics Canterbury equipment is to be used on the track and field
- Do not wear spikes any longer than 6mm
- Be considerate to each other whilst using the track
- You must ensure that you have your membership card on you when training at Nga Puna Wai, otherwise you risk being asked to pay an extra fee.
Currently sections of Nga Puna Wai are construction zones, therefore keep to the safe areas. No throws training is allowed on the infield until further notice.
Selected Athletics Canterbury equipment will be made available in the near future and can be obtained via your coach. Until then, please contact Ian Thomas to discuss you needs.
Whilst training, if your hear 3 large blasts of the siren, please all meet in front of the control building, then go up the stairs down the path and turn left onto the road and walk towards the site office, where you will then be instructed to return to the track once it is safe to do so.
The Nga Puna Wai Sports Hub is a community venue. Please respect the venue and your fellow training members.