Ngā Puna Wai is a user pays facility
Athletics Canterbury’s commitment to YOU is to pay the Christchurch City Council $10,000 per year so that YOU can train at Nga Puna Wai. This includes the throwing / jumping area out the back of the main arena.
YOUR commitment to Athletics Canterbury is PAY to use the venue using one of the FOUR options below. PLEASE assist us by paying when you train at Nga Puna Wai.
To train at Nga Puna Wai, you are required to purchase ONE of FOUR options: Please select your options below.
- Single Use Casual Fee
- Summer Membership Training Card (1st October to 31st March)
- Winter Memberships Training Card (1st April to 30th September)
- Annual Training Card (12 months from the date of purchase)
During the year, the venue may be booked by school and other organisation, therefore the venue is closed for public use. Please check the website calendar before planning a training session to ensure the venue is available. Generally, if the main arena is booked, training can still occur in the outer throwing area.
RULES OF USAGE:
- Do not use lanes 1-3 to train on, lane barriers will be in place
- No food and drink is allowed inside the track only water
- Only approved Athletics Canterbury equipment is to be used on the track and field
- Do not wear spikes any longer than 6mm
- Be considerate to each other whilst using the track
- You must ensure that you have your membership card on you when training at Nga Puna Wai, otherwise you risk being asked to pay an extra fee.
Selected Athletics Canterbury equipment is available and can be obtained via your coach.
Please contact Ian Thomas to discuss you needs and the procedure.
While training, if your hear 3 large blasts of the siren, please all meet in front of the control building, then go up the stairs down the path and turn left onto the road and walk towards the site office, where you will then be instructed to return to the track once it is safe to do so.
The Ngā Puna Wai Sports Hub is a community venue. Please respect the venue and your fellow training members.