Ngā Puna Wai is a user pays facility
The Annual Ngā Puna Wai Training Fee allows you to train at the track & field facility all year round, provided the venue has not been booked by another party, such as a school. Your pass is active for twelve months and expires at the end of the month in which is was purchased.
Booking information will be posted on the Athletics Canterbury website and Christchurch City Council website.
Annual membership runs for twelve months, and expires at the end of the month in which it was purchased (example: 12th June 2020 – 30th June 2021).
Summer and Winter membership options are also available.
- Summer Membership is 1st October to 31st March
- Winter Membership is 1st April to 30th September
To purchase a NPW training membership card (Annual, Summer or Winter) … CLICK HERE
NEW SINGLE USE FEE: If you are a casual user and the above training fee options do not suit you, you can now purchase a single use fee for only $5.00, valid for ONE training session.
To purchase a Casual User Fee …. CLICK HERE
RULES OF USAGE
- Do not use lanes 1-3 to train on, lane barriers will be in place
- No food and drink is allowed inside the track only water
- Only approved Athletics Canterbury equipment is to be used on the track and field
- Do not wear spikes any longer than 6mm
- Be considerate to each other whilst using the track
- You must ensure that you have your membership card on you when training at Nga Puna Wai, otherwise you risk being asked to pay an extra fee.
Selected Athletics Canterbury equipment is available and can be obtained via your coach.
Please contact Ian Thomas to discuss you needs and the procedure.
While training, if your hear 3 large blasts of the siren, please all meet in front of the control building, then go up the stairs down the path and turn left onto the road and walk towards the site office, where you will then be instructed to return to the track once it is safe to do so.
The Ngā Puna Wai Sports Hub is a community venue. Please respect the venue and your fellow training members.