Track & Practice Area Open in Level 2
The track at Ngā Puna Wai will be open from Tuesday 2nd June at 9:00 a.m.
To comply with the current Level 2 restrictions, the following procedure then to be followed.
- Operating hours are daily 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- You are required to book in at one of the following times to use the facility:
- 9:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
- 10:45 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
- 12:30 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- 2:15 p.m. – 3:15 p.m.
- 3:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
There are gaps in between sessions as we need to hygienically clean areas in between session times.
- To book a time, send an email to Ian Thomas firstname.lastname@example.org subject heading track booking and put in what time and who will be attending.
- Contact tracing is required by everyone using iDMe (https://www.idme.co.nz/). Please download and register yourself.
- When arriving at Ngā Puna Wai to use either the track or the practice throwing zone, check yourself in by using the following code TJVMM. This is essential part of using the facility and failure to do this will result in you not being able to continue using the facility.
- Track: Access entrance for the track is between athletics and hockey, where fence lines will be in place to create an entry and exit points.
- Enter the track via the gate by the control room.
- Exit the track via the gate by the 100m start area.
- Toilets can be accessed via the gate by the 100m start area.
- Practice Throwing Area: Enter and access via the main gate from the car park.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: To train at Ngā Puna Wai, a fee ($5.00 casual or training card) is required, with payment made prior to training. (https://canterburyshop.shopdesq.com/).
- Normal track rules apply when you are there; however please maintain appropriate social distancing during your sessions.
I appreciate this is a new procedure for all. As and when the situation changes, we will keep you informed. If you have any enquires contact Ian Thomas.