Exciting Opportunity to join the team at Athletics Canterbury
Athletics Canterbury is embarking on an exciting journey that will help grow the sport across the region and increase the coaching depth and capabilities within the sport.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Athletics Canterbury is looking for a Coaching Development Connector who will connect with the coaching community to understand the current talent pool and provide a framework to recruit and develop coaches in the sport. This is a fixed term, part time contract role.
We are looking for a passionate person with energy, drive, and strong administrative skills. They will have a desire to see Athletics Canterbury become a leader in coach development.
The role involves communicating with clubs and current coaches, easing hurdles for coaches to gain Athletics New Zealand accreditation, creating two-way channels of communication between the coaching community and Athletics Canterbury, and being part of a team establishing an ongoing coach development framework.
To apply for this position, you must be a smart, ambitious, individual that wants to lead and learn.
- Excellent administration skills with Microsoft office suite
- Tech savvy with social media platforms
- An affinity with CRM software
- Self-management in terms of time and resources
- Problem solving ability
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to work outside the normal 9-5 working week
- Be familiar with the Athletics Canterbury landscape
- Knowledge of applicable legislation including but not limited to: the Vulnerable Children’s Act and the Privacy Act
At times this role will entail visiting clubs, so the use of your own transport and full driver’s license will be required.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: 5pm MONDAY 22nd MARCH, 2021
In your application email, please include your COVER LETTER and CV and send it to email@example.com
To discuss this opportunity in confidence please contact Athletics Canterbury’s General Manager, Ian Thomas on +64 212 802 208.